HOW YOU CAN HELP CARE FARNHAM?
CARE FARNHAM URGENTLY NEEDS NEW VOLUNTEERS!
- Last year we fulfilled on average 9 or 10 transport requests a day! If you are a car owner and can spare even as little as a couple of hours a week please contact us to find out more about how you can help – and meet some really interesting characters. Remember, your commitment starts only when you say “yes, with pleasure” to the Duty Officer.
BUT WILL I BE HASSLED BY DUTY OFFICERS?
- We try to call Volunteers for requests for help only on days they have said they are generally available. Some Volunteers like to make themselves “always available” on a specific day of the week.
WHAT ABOUT THE COST OF FUEL?
- Drivers may claim a mileage allowance from CARE Farnham.
COULD I BECOME A DUTY OFFICER?
- Yes please! We are in urgent need of new Duty Officers who are the very heart of the operation: they record incoming requests, find a suitable Volunteer, record details on Client and Volunteer cards and in a diary. It can be a satisfying day’s work! Duty Officers, working from their own home, select their choice of day – usually once a month, but not necessarily always the same day.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE?
- Please ring the Duty Officer on 01252 71 66 55 (9.30am to 3.00pm) All new volunteers will be CRB checked